Pages

Thursday 24 January 2019

Southern lights Summer Learning Journey

For this activity, you are to write a short acrostic word poem about the beautiful lights. Hazel has written an acrostic poem about summer to give you an example.
S - Sun outside,
U - Umbrellas in the sand.
M -  My friends and I, having fun,
M - Making sandcastles,
E - Enjoying ice cream on a hot day,
R - Racing to the beach!
On your blog, use the word ‘LIGHTS’ to write an acrostic poem about the Southern Lights. Be as creative as you can!
For more information and examples of acrostic poems, check out this poetry website.
Lights dancing and prancing in the sky

In New Zealand you can find the special glow up high

Grey sky is lit up with colorful lights


Here in the sky is a whole other world

The lights I see make me as happy as I can be

Southern lights up in the sky are for you and me
Tourism NZ









2 comments:

  1. Hey there Evangeline, thank you for writing an acrostic poem about the Southern Lights. They look fantastic, I would love to see them sometime.

    I am currently writing to you from London, England on the other side of the world. Unfortunately there is a lot of light pollution here so it makes it impossible to see stars and things. I'm returning home to Auckland in a few days for a little holiday so hopefully I can get a few nights where the sky is clear and the stars are shining bright.

    Thanks, Billy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Billy,
    Thanks for the lovely comment. Have you ever tried counting the stars. Its quiet hard to do. Stars are cool enough for me so seeing this is just amazing. Have you ever seen the southern lights before?.

    Kind Regards
    Evangeline

    ReplyDelete