Pages

Wednesday 26 December 2018

Flax Weaving Summer learning journey

This was my instructions
On your blog, tell us whether or not you would like to try flax weaving. Does it interest you? Why or why not?

This is my work
I would love to try weaving because it is a lot of fun. Flax weaving is very hard to do but once you get the hang of it it will become easier. It interests me because we have tried weaving a Korowai and it was so fun we were weaving it at school and since that was fun I would want to try it again but I want to try and weave something else. I don't know what I would weave but I'm pretty sure it would be something small because I would just be starting and the next time I weave it will be something bigger and then it gets bigger and bigger until I can make a proper Korowai then once I make that Korowai I will give it as a gift for my mum or grandad.

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Evangeline,

    Thank you for sharing why you would like to try flax weaving. Flax weaving can be such a beautiful craft. I really like when they weave the flax into bags - I actually have a few woven bags at home. What have you weaved out of flax?

    Keep up the great blogging!

    Talk soon,

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the nice comment Sophie I would love to see the bags you have at home. Did you make them or were they made for you?. Would you ever try to weave with flax?.

    Regards
    Evangeline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi again,

      The bags were woven by the lovely Fijian ladies that I met on a trip over to Fiji a few years ago. They are so beautiful. I have done flax weaving before and I loved it!

      Sophie

      Delete