Pages

Saturday 26 January 2019

Predator trap Summer Learning Journey

here is currently a huge drive to get rid of all predators from New Zealand. Predators are animals that, in some way, damage our natural environment. Many organisations are working hard to accomplish this goal.

Click on the links below to watch videos about three of the current projects operating to make New Zealand ‘Predator Free by 2050.’
Predator Free Video #1: Cacophony Project
Predator Free Video #2: Taranaki Mounga Project
Predator Free Video #3: Zero Invasive Predators (ZIP)

On your blog, tell us which one of the videos you liked the best and why..
The video I liked the best was the Cacophony project. I choose the first one because I liked the way they were using video and sound recordings to attract the predator (possums) and trap them. They also said that this trap could be used by anyone when testing was complete. I also like that they thought that New Zealand would be predator free in 2040 not in 2050. I hope you enjoyed this blog post please leave a positive comment on my blog and make sure to include what you think about these videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment