Pages

Thursday 27 December 2018

Squid math problem Summer learning journey

This was my instructions
On your blog, tell us how you will solve this math's problem. You can write your answer in words, use a Sketchpad image or post a video explaining how you would figure it out. Be sure to give us your final answer. .


This is my work
I am imaging that average adults can lift 25 kg and kids can lift 15 kg. I have to find out how much adults and kids it takes to lift up a giant squid. The first thing I had to find out was how much the giant squid weighs and the answer is 275 kg. Now I have to find out how much adults and kids it will take to make 275 kg. 2 adults make 50 kg and 2 kids can lift up 30 kg so if they add there strength together that will make 80 kg so 4 adults and 4 kids make 160 we are almost there we just need one more child then it will make there strength add up to 275 witch is just enough to lift up the giant squid. So the answer is 4 adults and 5 children I hope you enjoyed this blog post please leave a positive comment on my blog and make sure you include how you would work this problem out.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Evanngeline,
    I can see that you are using place value as a strategy to solve this problem which is awesome!
    However, you don't need to find out how much the giant squid weight because we gave you that information in the activity description. The squid weights 500 kg and you need to find out how many adults and children would take to carry the squid.
    So here you strategy can start with this number problem:
    ? adults + ? kids= 500 kg
    1 adult= 25 kg
    1 children= 15 kg
    Now, using this information above can you try to solve this problem?
    In order for you to gain full points for this activity I will need you to kindly hoop back in this post and find the correct answer for this maths problem, could you do that and let me know by replying to this e-mail? I am looking forward to your reply.
    You are almost there, keep going!
    Kia kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete