Pages

Wednesday 26 December 2018

Plants Summer learning journey

This was my instructions 
On your blog, list three similarities and three differences between the two plants that you chose. To earn five extra bonus points, post a picture of both plants on your blog.


This is my work
The first plant I have chosen is the Rafflesia Arnoldii one fact about the Rafflesia Arnoldii is that it is the biggest individual flower in the world. Another fact is It is mainly found in forests of Sumatra. The last fact about this is that this flower will grow up to a size of three feet. The last plant I have chosen is the corpse flower one fact about this flower is that it is the largest branched main stem concern flowering plant in the world.

Similarity
1. One similarity is that the 2 plants both stink 
2. another similarity is that the plants are both flowers
3. the last similarity is that they both can grow very big
4. they both can be found in the wild

Differences
1. One difference is that Corpse flowers are protected by law as it is very rare as Rafflesia Arnoldii arent protected at all.
2.  Rafflesia Arnoldii will only grow up to three feet as the corpse flower gows up to 8.2 feet tall.
3. They last difference is that corpse plants only bloom in 40 years as Rafflesia Arnoldii bloom whenever

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Evangeline

    Thanks for sharing some really interesting information about the plants that you picked. I did not know that the corpse flower is protected under law. It makes sense because there are so few left.

    If you had to pick one of these to have as a pot plant at home, which one would it be and why? I think I would want to have the corpse flower. Even though it is super stinky when it blooms, I love the idea of having a giant plant in my back yard. I could even charge money for people to see it when it blooms.

    I look forward to your reply.

    Ngā mihi,
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete