Pages

Monday 24 December 2018

DOC Ranger Summer learning journey

This is my instructions
On your blog list three pros (good things) and three cons (bad things) about working as a DOC ranger. At the bottom of your post, tell us whether you would like to be a DOC Ranger or not.
This is my work
here are only a small amount of lizards, geckos and other small reptiles. The most popular out of all the small reptiles in New Zealand is lizard. Lizard are most found indoors due to there cold blood. I even found a lizard in the garage that goes to say that they are most common small reptiles in New Zealand.


#1 (Pro)
One good thing about being a DOC ranger is that you are helping the wild animals and that means you care about things that you don't really know about.
#2 (Pro)
Another reason is because you can learn a lot from the wild and sometimes when your a DOC ranger you can have lots of fun with the things that live in the wild.
#3 (Pro)
The last reason why I think being a DOC ranger is cool is because they get a good amount of money just by helping/looking after the wildlife.


#1 (Con) One bad thing about being a DOC ranger is that you could get hurt because your working with the wildlife.
#2 (Con)
another reason is if your allergic to what ever wild thing your helping and you don't know it something might happen to you.
#3 (Con)
The last reason is that if you don't be careful you could get badly hurt or the animal could.


Overall I would love to be a DOC ranger because as I said I love animals and I would love to get to know more animals that live in the wild. But I would be a little bit scared because of what might happen to me.

1 comment:

  1. Ata mārie Evangeline,

    I’m Dani, a blog commenter for the Summer Learning Journey. I normally spend my time in the Kaikohekohe cluster but I have had the chance to check out some amazing posts in the Manaiakalani cluster! I look forwarding to reading and commenting on Manaiakalani learner’s blogs!

    Sounds like you would be an ideal person to become a DoC Ranger. We are lucky here in New Zealand that we don’t really have any dangerous animals. I don’t think I would want to work as a DoC Ranger in Australia! There are too many creatures who could cause me harm and you would always need to be on the lookout. Would you ever think of being a DoC Ranger in Australia? I think the best part of being a DoC Ranger here in New Zealand would be exploring our beautiful country as well as helping out our native flora and fauna.

    Keep up the awesome work, I hope I can read more of your blog soon!

    Blog ya later,

    Dani

    ReplyDelete