Pages

Saturday 12 January 2019

Facts about Bumblebees Summer learning journey

This was my instructions
To earn full points for this activity you must type all five sentences and then fill in the blanks for each one. Post the completed sentences on your blog.

This is my work

The word ‘bumblebee’ is a compound word. The word ‘bumble’ means to hum, buzz, or drone.


Bumblebees can fly very quickly. They can reach ground speeds of 54 kilometers per hour (km/h).

Bumblebees are very strong! They carry up to 90 percent of their body weight in food with them to avoid starvation.

Bumblebees can do more work and carry more pollen than other bees, including honeybees. In fact, they can do up to  40 - 50 times as much work as a normal honeybee.

The number of bumblebees is declining in New Zealand due to a number of factors, including the extensive use of pesticides.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Eva

    What a awesome post you made i liked it how you described
    what bubble bees do and a awesome description I could say
    keep up the good work and enjoy your day

    Kind regards
    Precious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eva,

    Great work! I didn't know Bumblebees were so interesting and clever! When I read this information, I realised that I don't see as many Bumblebees now as I used to. It's sad that the population is decreasing.

    I loved the part of the article that said "When they return from a successful foraging expedition they run excitedly around in the nest for several minutes before going out to forage again." How funny!

    From Ms Nalder

    ReplyDelete