Pages

Friday 25 January 2019

Do you believe Taniwha's exist Summer Learning Journey

On your blog tell us whether, or not, you believe that Taniwha exist. Be sure to explain to us why you feel this way

I do think Taniwha's exists because I have done some research about them. Research shows that you can find them in specific places like the Waikato river which is where my people are from. One reason why I believe Taniwha's exist is because I am Maori. The word Taniwha in Maori means water spirit and is unique to Maori people. Another reason why I believe Taniwha's exist is because they come from ancient Maori story's. There is also a song about a Taniwha and the song is called One day a Taniwha. The last reason why I believe they exist is because I am a believer and I would love to get a photo of one jumping out of the water.Image result for taniwhas

1 comment:

  1. Hi Evangeline,

    It's Leslie here, a member of the Summer Learning Journey team.

    I think you've made a good argument for believing in the taniwhas. I'm impressed that you've done some research. Where do you look, or whom did you ask about them? I'm really interested to know.

    Certainly the video showing the surge of bubbles on the Waikato River looked very mysterious, as if something big was below the surface!! Maori stories are rich with tales of this unusual creature, as you say. And stories have to come out of some real experience, don't they?

    I'm so glad that you've worked so hard at these Summer Learning Journey activities. I hope you've enjoyed them and I hope your return to school this week has been fun!!

    Good luck this year!

    Cheers,

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete