Pages

Thursday 11 July 2019

Fake recount about a hot dog eating contest

Walt: Create fake recount


Sometimes my mum makes me do some weird things. One time she even made me compete against my family in a hot dog eating competition. When she asked me I said yes but I didn't know what I was in for. I thought this was more for someone much bigger than me like my older brother because he can eat a lot.

Yesterday my mum asked me if I wanted to do something exciting. She said “would you want to have a hot dog eating competition”. I replied “YES PLEASE!!” I was so amazed because it's not normal for her just to ask something like that. I knew it was going to be fun! I thought she meant to go out a place and have a hot dog eating competition but I was wrong. We got to do something even better. I got to do it at home! We had 5 rounds to do, and whoever passes all of them would win. The winner could pick whoever had to do their chores for the whole week.

The first round I had to compete against was my little sister’s. I was so happy because I knew I would win. I ate four and a half and my little sisters could only eat 2 each which meant they only ate four and that meant I had won. I wasn’t that excited because I knew I would beat them anyway. I only knew that because they never eat much.

The next round was a bit harder because I had to compete against my older sister. My sister ate five which was hard because I already ate 4 and a half but for some reason I ate five and I was so full. But then I saw the other half of the hot dog. It was from the round before so I decided to eat it. Which meant I won! I was so happy I beat her but I was also so scared to do the next round as it was against my older brother.

It was so hard because I already ate ten hot dogs and that meant I couldn't eat as many. It also meant I couldn't eat any more. That meant I lost the third round! It was against my brother. He eats more than all his siblings sometimes he can eat more than my dad so I would have lost anyway. I was fine with losing but then it was up to my brother to win against my mum and my dad or it could be the other way around.

I stayed to watch and it turned out my brother beat both my dad and my mum I was shocked but I knew he was going to win anyway. I was just hoping he didn't choose me to do his chores and he didn't he choose my older sister! I was so happy but I felt sad for her because she had lots of chores to do so I decided to do some of her chores and once I thought it was enough just for her to handle. I let her do the rest.

In the end we all had a great time being able to have so much fun with hot dogs! I hope I would get another opportunity like this. It was so fun but it made me feel unwell. I said hesitatingly “Will we do this all the time?” My mum realized I wasn’t feeling well so she replied “ No not all the time but maybe every now and then”.

No comments:

Post a Comment