Pages

Thursday 11 July 2019

40 hour famine

On Friday June the 7 me and some of my friends particapated in the 40 hour famine! It is so cool and while you have fun you are also helping people that need things

We had the 40 hour famine at school. First we go home then around 6:30 we go back to school and then we drop all our stuff in the library because the library is the place where we had to sleep and a teacher kept an eye on us so we wouldn't eat any food. We could only eat barely sugars and we could only drink just juice. It was such. fun experience even though i did it last year. Im even more excited this year because I'm a year 6 and its funner because you are able to be a leader for your team. It didn't happen but I was still very excited!! I was so happy that I was in a team with all me friends and I even got to sleep next to them and that was even better. I had lots of fun eating the same thing for breakfast and dinner. I still had fan because my friends were so fun to play with. It was hard to talk without them making me laugh every five seconds.  40 hour famine is helping kids in need of food, water, shelter, schools and even foster parents. 

We had lots of fun doing activities, performing and even watching movies. The first thing we did was we played in the hall it helped us kill  time and it was lots of fun too. Once everyone arrived we had time to prepare our performance. We had 45 minutes to do so! We could either dance, sing, tell jokes, or we could choose whatever else. After our 45 minutes were up we performed on stage one group sang and the rest danced!! we had spare time to either play in the hall, sit and chat in the library or play in the creative space, We did that for about 20 minutes and then we could stay in the library or watch the movie. I choose to stay in the library but my friend made way to much noise so we had to watch the movie. After that we went straight to sleep! In the morning we had to pack up our stuff and play in the hall until our parents picked us up. My sister and I went home first but it was still fun. 

I hope you get an opportunity as cool as this some day because it might be the best moment with your friends. Overall it was a pretty amazing experience. I hope you will join in next year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment